Sunday, April 8, 2018

Raspberry & Teal






Hi Everyone! How have you been? I've been working on a few more patterns. I finally finished the monogram. "R" is for roses. I stitched the monogram on azalea-pink French linen with white silk. Monograms are heirloom pieces that never go out of style. I'll frame this one and add it to my gallery wall. I'm planning on creating a gallery wall with a mix of my own hand stitched pieces, vintage embroidery and Asian embroidery. I love gallery walls but they need to be done right. There are tips and tricks to make them cohesive. Maybe when my gallery wall is finished, I'll be able to snap some decent photos and post them to my Instagram . Yes, I'm back on Instagram. I'm still on the fence about it. If you don't pay for Instagram promotions then no one ever sees your posts. Such is life on social media. I try to update my Instagram on the regular though, whether people see my posts or not. It's fun.

I hoped to add a few more things to the shop last month but life got in the way. You know how that goes. I spend time helping homeless people. I'm trying to devote time to meditative prayer and spiritual reading because it's essential to my life.

Anyway, I'm currently stitching a large pattern now. There's always something in my hoop. This new pattern is a blooming garden rose stitched with raspberry silk on white linen. I love the way raspberry-pink contrasts with the teal in the teacup saucer too (see images above). The color-pop of pink and teal is pretty. Darker colors always ground pink and make it sophisticated. Pink and black will always be a classic too. Coco Chanel knew that.

I'm going to get back to stitching now. I have a large mug of  French-press coffee on my table. Stitching and sipping coffee is a thing on Instagram. Photos of hoops with embroidery and hands holding a coffee mug pop up in my feed very often. I never tire of looking at the coffee and stitching photos. Coffee and stitching is definitely a thing and they do go quite well together.

I'm always happy when a piece of embroidery is framed and ready to hang on the wall. Hand-stitched items really do make a home more soulful, personal and charming. I can't wait to frame my second rose heart pattern. In case you missed it, this rose heart pattern is stitched with raspberry silk on white linen. You can stitch it in your favorite colors. I hope you'll discover the joy of cross stitching. I have fun freebies in my shop with links to teach you how to cross stitch, so please visit and browse for a while. I'd like to thank you all for your support.

Happy Stitching!
xx ~ Jilly 

22 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is complete article for all the people who wants to improve their embroidery skill. You have mentioned point wise all the embroidery things really worth to read. Different Outsource digitizing companies can provide embroidery digitizing service with professionalism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read this article and this is really informative one for developing skill in embroidery department Appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful job. i love this vintage embroidery

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome article you write, it was exceptionally helpful data here! Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic. Just continue updating

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m glad to read this article. The website style is perfect, Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
  11. The website style is perfect, I'll support your articles

    ReplyDelete
  12. I appreciating this great blog. Thank you for posting something good like this

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks a lot my dear. I think this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable.

    ReplyDelete

  14. Its an amazing website, I really enjoy reading your articles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’d like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this website.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, this was an extremely nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an amazing and helpful post. I really really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for the blog post.Really looking forward to read more

    ReplyDelete
  19. Extremely decent blog and articles. I am realy extremely glad to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Presently I am discovered which I really need. I check your blog regular and attempt to take in something from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like it when people get together and share views. Great website.

    ReplyDelete